Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wednesday Night Mayhem

Yesterday, Wednesday, we had a great start to our day!  We had a new friend come over in the morning.  She has two little boys, one almost 3 and the other 3 months.  It made me remember how much work little ones are.  The oldest was so cute playing with mine and of course mine ate it up!  Ariel was in her glory playing with the oldest and then switching gears to croon over the baby.  She is going to be a great babysitter one day soon.  The friend left before lunch, we finished school, the girls played in the snow and we made a trip into town.  Valentine's Day is approaching much more rapidly than I had thought it would and I had to get the girls Valentines for their friends and get them into the mail.  So, summing up our great day, I'm not sure when the "grumpies" moved in.  Can adults be over-stimulated?  Oh, you thought I was saying that my kids were grumpy?  Not a chance.  It was all me.  Fast forward to about 5pm.  I'm getting supper together, hubby is running later than I thought, the potatoes are now out of the oven and getting cold, hubby walks through the door hungry, but I didn't want to put the steaks on too soon.  So, I popped the 'taters back in the oven, threw the steaks on to my George Foreman grill and then a quick e-mail check.  Went to check on the steaks a few minutes later and they were looking great.  Hubby likes his a bit more done so I took three off and left one on.  The grill starts smoking a bit and the smoke detector responds appropriately.  This is all well and good because it's not attached to anything, I can just wave it around and move it to another room.  But I didn't tend to it immediately and Ariel, fingers in her ears, runs into the kitchen and starts shouting, THE FIRE ALARM IS GOING OFF!  THE FIRE ALARM IS GOING OFF!  To which I respond, I KNOW!  Then she starts yelling, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!!!  Seriously, who does that?  What on earth would possess someone to mimic a fire alarm?  Isn't it annoying enough on it's own?  I think this is the point where I started yelling myself.  Of course a mother yelling doesn't really calm the situation down and having a case of the grumpies didn't help either.  Ariel runs off giggling as I'm reaching for the fire alarm.  I'm proud to say that everyone is still alive this morning, but probably a bit deaf.

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least she ran off laughing. ;-) I hate it when that thing goes off like that. My dog usually starts howling along too. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete