Thursday, February 17, 2011
Chicken
We went to McDonalds two days ago. Belle says, "Momma, I want what I usually get." The cashier cracked up as I placed her order, "Chicken nugget happy meal, please". When we sat down, she she was looking strangely at the box the nuggets came in and said, "Why is there a chicken on here?" I said matter of factly, "'Cuz it's chicken." She got this look of horror on her face and pushed the box away, refusing to eat it. I asked her what she thought it was before and she just shrugged her shoulder. Where has this child been? She told me that she didn't think that that kind of chicken was that chicken. You have to hear this other story to fully appreciate what was going through my mind. I have a friend that when her daughter was around 2 or not quite 2 and was going through the, "What's that?" stage, she did it at dinner time with her potatoes, carrots and finally chicken. When her mom says, "That's chicken," the 2 year old responds with, "Bock, Bock?" and mom tells her yes, she refused to eat it. Belle knows this story well and has reenacted it many times. Which is why I will again ask the question, where has this child been? Later that night at my in-laws, Mum asked us if we wanted to eat dinner with them the next night to which my kids obviously said yes! Mum said she would roast a chicken, and Belle looks at me with that look again. When she went out of the room, I told Mum the story and she thought it was a riot and wondered if she would eat it or not. Guess what? She did not eat it! She loves chicken but that was before she knew it was...well, chicken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So what does one call "chicken" now? LOL
ReplyDeleteMeat? :)
ReplyDelete