The very first time I saw Hubby in his dress blues I had to know what all the medals and pins were for. As we were going through his ribbons there was a very pretty one that was rainbow colored. He told me that was for overseas training. Of course my mind went exotic and I wondered what cool place he had been to when he told me Canada. When you live in New England, Canada is closer than New Jersey. Of course I had to burst out laughing and he giggled right along with me.
Now please keep this little story of mine in mind when I announce that we were international travelers today. Since our move north brought us even closer to that border, the next stop on the interstate to be exact, we have wanted to cross over. Why? Because we can, I suppose. The town that we went to is not as big as the one we live in, but everything was written in English and in French and that was pretty cool. Not to mention it was Belle's first time across the border. It was a pretty uneventful trip, we had dinner over there and came back, but we did make friends with the border patrol officer on the American side. Always good to have friends. Of course my camera was left at home by the computer, so guess we'll have to go again to document better.
I keep meaning to take the boys across the border, but we haven't done it yet. Did you need passports for the girls or just birth certificates? That's my hang-up.
ReplyDeleteWe have passports, but I think that if you take your own kids over you may just need a birth certificate, but I'm not totally sure. Call the Border Patrol office, they'll have all your info. And if you cross the border here, you better stop!!! :) Brooks B&B is open for business.
ReplyDelete