Hubby had drill with his army unit last weekend and the girls and I went along to hang out in the hotel and pool all weekend. It was great fun to be together and having fun. Belle jumped off the side of the pool for the very first time and found out how much fun that was. On Sunday during lunch, Hubby threw us and curve ball and long story short we all went with him down to West Point to meet his division commander to tie up all those details that needed attention for his summer mission down there. Another motive for going down was to see my friend who lives close to West Point. We got to spend time with her and her kiddos and both of our families got to have dinner together. It was so fun. The trip back was long, but we all survived and can't wait for the opportunity to do it again. But all that fun meant that we had to do extra school when we got back. We crammed 4 days into 2 and then headed Friday night back down south to #1 house for AWANA games with my girls. We have a frozen line going between the house and our septic and Hubby and his dad worked Saturday to get that crappy problem resolved. Like that pun? Okay, I know I'm getting boos! And then back up north to make sure that we were in church on Sunday. Have I mentioned how much I love the church that we go to? The pastor is a straight from the heart kind of guy. He makes my brain sweat. Hubby coined that phrase, but I think he is so accurate. The people are wonderful and so accepting of us. It's been great.
The busyness of life can easily get in the way of quiet time with God. I have made excuses all week for not being in the Word, but it's not good enough. You don't grow if you don't eat. Lent has been in the back of my mind, nagging me to get back on the right path. I'm glad to have this focus this Lent season. I was discussing Lent with my brother and we were talking about how much we celebrate Christmas and the emphasis that we put on it. Christmas is great and I love the Christmas season, but if Jesus was born, but never died and rose again, salvation would not exist. We sang "In Christ Alone" yesterday at church. I love this verse that pretty much sums up my beliefs:
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
Father God, thank you so much for sending your Son to die, to die for me. Thank you for forgiveness, for wiping my slate clean, for choosing me to be one of your children. I want to live the way that you want me to, I want to be unashamed. Thank you for your mercy. In Jesus's holy name, Amen.
Sarah
ReplyDeleteIt's a joy to have you join in, no matter if all 40 days or any of the days.
I love your post. So. Encouraging. Convicting.
Yes. More time in the Word...Lent does give that nudge.
Thank you for joining in.
Blessings,
Trish
www.ahouseupontherock.com
40 Days of Seeking Him Lent 2011
PS. I only have an e-mail account with Google, so Admin doesn't connect to a blogger account, but I wanted to leave a comment.
I LOVE that song. Great post!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you've joined in, and thank you for your wonderful post.
ReplyDelete