Monday, September 13, 2010

You give and take away, my heart will choose to say, blessed be the name of the Lord!

The fire. Not mentioned in my previous post but a big enough part of our life now that it deserves some attention. On a cold night in March, Hubby came home from work at about 3am and an hour later an SUV drives down our driveway honking and yelling Hubby's name. He goes out onto the porch and the SUV drives announces that our apartment building was totally engulfed in fire. When I was able to finally get to the scene at about 9am, I learned that it was not as bad as previously thought. There were four families living in the building and everyone was safe and sound. The two bottom floor apartments sustained the most damage. Leaving out all the boring details and fast forwarding until July, our contractor told Hubby that the cost that we were responsible for to get the apartment building back to code was not going to be worth the money. The way the insurance was going to depreciate the building, it was not going to be cost effective. The contractor also told Hubby that he had a friend who loved buying buildings like ours, as is. All I can think of is...is his friend crazy?! Here's where the blessing comes in. The insurance money could go directly to us after we paid the contractor and paid the mortgage off. Amazing! So fast forward to today. The way it stands now is that we have no debt! The friend who loves building stripped to the studs wants to buy the place. If that isn't a blessing straight from Heaven above, I don't know what is! Something that man meant for harm, God intended for good!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love hearing stories like this. I'm sad to hear about the fire but what a blessing in the long run. How wonderful to be out of debt!

    ReplyDelete