Thursday, October 29, 2009
Road Trip!
I love road trips. Call me crazy. I love my Jeep, the way it rides, the comfy seats, my moonroof and Sirrus Radio. I look forward to 3pm when Dr. Laura comes on. Sanity for my insanity. I'm usually driving down the road, yelling at the caller. Phew....rabbit trail... Ah, yes, road trips. So, referring back to the insanity comment made earlier, I buckle my kiddos up and set out for my parents' house. Alone. With kids. It's about a 6 hour - ish drive and usually pretty uneventful. The drive is pretty and mostly interstate, thankfully since Ariel gets car sick easily. So after many are-we-there-yets and a few disagreements from the back seat, we arrive safely. The good thing about coming here is the mini mom-vacation. Of course all they want to do is hang with the grandparents and vice versa, so I'm left with little to do but, well, blog. We've been here for about an hour and already the girls, including my mom, have hit the hot tub. I volunteered to get dinner going while dad is napping, like all grandpas do around this time. Nothing much changes here in this tiny town they live in. My mom grew up here and they live in her parents' house. Good memories for me are everywhere. Seeing my kids doing things here makes me think of all the fun my brother and I used to have. I hope that my kids can make lots of memories here and carry them with them like I do. So even though the ride seems long to come here, it's always worth the trip, even when the when-are-we-gonna-get-theres are waiting for the return trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First - love the scripture in the sidebar & the new look!
ReplyDeleteSecond - HAVE FUN! ;-)