Mother's day, a day set aside for moms. As I think back to my mom and the legacy she left for me, the one thing that comes to mind is adventure. My mom could turn anything into an adventure, into something fun. Even if my brother and I were embarrassed out of our skin, Mom was still having fun. I hope I can pass that spirit onto my kids. On the other hand, I'm thankful for my mother-in-law. She is an amazing, kind woman who has accepted me as part of the family. I'm forever grateful for that.
But, now I'm the mom. I have kids to celebrate with and a wonderful hubby that makes me feel very special and spoiled. Hubby bought me a Cricut, something I have been eying for about a year now. I have been fooling around with it and I'm sure that the girls are anxious to get their hands on it. Ariel is obsessed with crafting and this is going to be right up her alley. Hubby preached at church this morning, he has a talent for bring for the Word. I'm so proud of him! We went out for lunch with the in-laws and it was nice to celebrate with them.
Celebrating mothers is kind of, don't get me wrong, but embarassing. We do work hard in our homes, but to me it seems like it is behind the scenes. I'm not much of a spotlight person, I'd rather hang out in the kitchen and do things that are not up front. I do what I do because I love it, most days, I'm not in search of recgonition. It seems strange to have some one bring to light the things I do on a day to day basis, usually with out much thought. It seems to be mechanical and unnoticed. But I guess that's the way it should be.
I'm thankful for my family, for my husband and my kids. God has blessed me beyond what I deserve.
Hey - enjoy your Cricut! My sister & another friend have them & they are FUN! So many neat things to do with them. It sounds like you had a wonderfully blessed day. ;-)
ReplyDelete