Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm Out of Shape

"One, Two, Three, Get off my father's apple tree!! Tag, Momma, you're it!!!" It has been years since I have heard those words and needless to say, I totally forgot their meaning. It's a beautiful day out today, one of our first of the year, and the girls and I were out enjoying it, that is, until Ariel wanted to play tag. I'm thinking this will be fun! Until while I was resting on home base, I got tagged "it". So, the reality check is that I need to dust off my elliptical and get moving so I can keep up with my kids in a game of freeze tag.

We all made dinner together tonight. Cannelloni. They helped me wrap the lasagna noodles around filling. It's so much fun when they help out...most of the time. The process usually takes twice as long, but when I stop and savor the moment of them wanting to be with me, knowing that I'm still cool to them, it makes the extra effort worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment